Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Delicious Experience


My friend Sheryl told me about Delicious a couple of times already but it never registered to me. All I remember is, there's a resto in Malaysia where she and her bf would go and have a delicious pasta.
Then when she was here in Singapore, she had dinner with girlfriends which I wasn't able to join and she said they went to the same pasta resto and our conversation went on like this:

She: We had pasta at delicious and they all loved it. I told you the pasta there is really good.
Me: Really?! Nice! So what is the name of the restaurant?
She: I already told you so many times, it's Delicious!
Me: Ahhhh, the name of the resto is Delicious?
She: Yes, yes, yes!!! Kulit!!!
Me: I thought you only mean that the food there is delicious, that's why it never registered in my mind. Hahahaha!

Anyways, about a week ago, I was on pasta craving and I was also meeting my other friend. When she asked me where are we going to have dinner, I suggested this place. Of course, we have to search where is the resto and their website also shows their menu and I must say, the prices are reasonable. And so, we searched for Delicious in orchard area with a grumbling stomach and all we could think of is pasta.

When we saw the place, our first impression: it's cozy in here. After that we quickly browsed the menu since we're really starving.

We ordered Cajun Friend Calamari (SGD10), Napolicious Spaghettini (SGD15.50) for me and Seafood Aglio Olio Spaghettini (SGD16) for Salie. For drinks, I ordered Iced Lemon Tea while Salie ordered Rootbeer. For Dessert (my favorite part of every menu), we chose the Berrilicious Chocolate Pavlova (SGD9.90), since I want to know how it taste cause Im planning to try to bake this hihihi!





Verdict:
It lives up to its name, it's Delicious :)




The Cajun Fried Calamari - crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.



For my pasta, Napolicious Spaghettini, the firmness of the pasta is just right. The main ingredients which are Beef Bacon, Chilies and Creamy Tomato Sauce blends so well. Not too sour, not too creamy but just right.



Berrilicious Chocolate Pavlova. Pavlova from what I read is a famous Australian dessert and is mainly composed of meringue combined with whatever you want (or just add toppings) and in this case, with chocolate and Berrilicious. I love meringue and the word that I always associate with it is sweet, too sweet actually. But their Pavlova is not too sweet, just right and with melts-in-your-mouth goodness. The presentation is very nice that I really wanted to try it out when I saw it but I don't want to ruin it so it's kind of a heart break to slice it. The fresh strawberries compliments well with the pavlova, the cream filling inside is not-to-sweet as well and blends with the taste of pavlova. I'm very, very happy with this dessert and I'm looking forward (and equally nervous as well) to try to bake it.

Salie was happy with her order as well :)

Over all, our tummy were really happy and we're so full. Will Definitely come back and recommend this to friends. Bonus part is, it's Pasta one-for-one on Monday's and Tuesday's and it was a Tuesday! Lucky us!


Delicious Cafe Info:

Address: Delicious Cafe
#B1-16 to19, Scotts Square
6 Scotts Road, 228209 Singapore
T: +65 6636 0903 F: +65 6636 0913
MON-SUN & PH: 11.00am - 9.30pm
Website: Delicious SG

Checkout the Delicious Cafe Daily Specials:





















Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment