Monday, October 14, 2013

Adobong Pusit (Squid)


Adobo, being a staple in Filipino homes, have different versions. We have Pork Adobo, Chicken Adobo,
Chicken & Pork Adobo, Adobong Sitaw (String Beans), Adobong Kangkong and Adobong Pusit (Squid).
I only like 2 kinds of adobo among these variations, Pork Adobo and Adobong Pusit.

I don't know why, but I'm kind of always at a loss when it comes to Adobong Pusit. I always google for the recipe and confused whether it has tomatoes or not. And then, last week, I felt a little brave
and cooked it without googling it and the result was delicious, just right for my taste and my family loves it, too! And so, I have to blog it as my note.

Ingredients:
250gm Baby Squid, cleaned (big squids will also do)
1 onion, diced
6 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tomato, diced
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup vinegar
2 bay leaf
Peppercorn or crushed pepper
Canola oil


Steps:
1. Heat canola oil in a pan. Put in the garlic and cook until golden brown.



2. Add the onions and cook until translucent.



3. Add in the tomatoes.



4. Stir fry the baby squids and cook for 3-5mins.



5. Put the soy sauce, vinegar, bay leaf & peppercorn. Cover and let it simmer for 5 mins.



Serve with hot rice.




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment