Thursday, September 26, 2013

No Bake Oreo-Nutella Cheesecake


I love Cheesecake, specifically, the No Bake Cheesecake. This is one sinful indulgence that is so easy to do. 

I know a lot of people love Nutella in their bread but apparently, for someone who has a sweet tooth, I couldn't take the sweetness. After a fail try of making a cheesecake some years ago, I finally had the courage to try it again. I kept on thinking about Nutella, Oreo and cheesecake and of course, I couldn't imagine how it would taste but still my finger typed no bake nuttella cheesecake recipe on Google and I was surprised to see so many results.

After looking at each and every search result, I finally decided to give this recipe from Nigella.com a try though I changed some of it based on what I have at the time I made this cheesecake. So here's my version of No Bake Oreo-Nutella Cheesecake.

Ingredients:

Crust:
250 grams Oreo Cookies
75 grams Unsalted Butter
2tbsp Nutella spread

Cheesecake:
400 grams Nutella spread (at room temperature)
500 grams cream cheese (at room temperature)

Steps:

1. Prepare the crust by crushing the oreo cookies. For this step, I put the cookies in a ziplock bag then break them to a sandy consistency then transfer it to a bowl. After that, mix 2tbsps of nutella and butter in the crushed oreo. Actually, this is easier done in a processor but I dont know why I decided to do it manually.

2. Tip into 23cm/9inch round springform and press into the base using the back of the spoon. Place in the fridge to chill.



3. Beat the cream cheese and the nutella spread until well mixed. (As per the recipe, beat the cream cheese and icing sugar then mix the nutella spread. Unfortunately, I dont have an icing sugar when I made this)





4. Take the springform out of the fridge and carefully smooth the nutella-cream cheese mixture over the base. I set aside some crushed oreo  and scatter them over on top of the cheesecake mixture.





5. Put the springform back in the fridge and chill for a minimum of 4 hours before serving.






The taste is delicious, rich and smooth BUT it melts easily. I'm not sure if the icing sugar has something to do to make it firmer once it has been chilled although in a youtube tutorial that I watched, the chef said that nutella cheesecake doesn't need gelatin for it to become firm as nutella firms up when stored in a cool place. With this note, make sure you keep your nutella spread in room temperature.

Overall, it's good and worth every calorie!  I will certainly do it again.






Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment