Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Mia's Hello Kitty Purrrfect Party


Mia's 2nd Birthday was celebrated in 3 different places. We were in Cebu on her actual birthday and blew her birthday candle in Zubochon restaurant. A few days after, she had a celebration in Jollibee Petron Diego-Silang in C-5 Road Taguig, with family and friends in Manila. And finally, she also had a celebration after almost 2 months in McDonald's Ridout Tea Garden in Singapore. That's what happens when you live abroad.

Both celebrations in Jollibee and McDonald's were Hello Kitty themed parties. I didn't prepare much for the party in Manila since Jollibee's Party package covered it all. Although I asked a friend to make a crayon/paper organizer to give away to kids. And here is her beautiful creation:


This special one is for Mia and I ask her to put Mia's name on it and 2 more with her sister's initial.


We got this idea from Pinterest. I just asked her to make it bigger and we changed the colors plus add hello kitty and dear daniel's face to be in line with the theme. When you open this, the left side is filled with crayons and the right side is with paper.

Mia's first birthday celebration in SG was also held in McDonald's Ridout Tea Garden. Well, it's near to our place plus the party venue is nice and spacious and it's just beside the play area of McDo. The downside is, since it is an open air place, you have to choose the last party time which is about 5:30pm because it'll be too hot especially for the kids if you choose the earlier time slot. Since we already knew how the program flows for McDo, I decided to change the games and make it a hello kitty themed games as well. And here are the things that I prepared for this Hello Kitty Purrrfect party:


Made with Love Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies as part of the lootbag for the kids


The lootbag. What's inside: a bag of cookies and the Hello Kitty crayon organizer. Bought this paper bag in Daiso with the ribbon included. Just stick the D-I-Y Thank you tag.


Lootbag for the babies. What's inside: Meal set from Ikea which consists of plate, bowl, drinking glass, spoon, fork and knife. Instead of the ribbon included in the paper bag set, I put a Hello Kitty bow so I would know which one are for the kids and for the babies.


First game - Pin the Bow on Hello Kitty. Things needed: Hello Kitty Face without a bow, bow cut-outs, double side tape, hanky to cover the kid's eyes and of course, the prizes. I've downloaded a template for this game and just printed it out. Hello Kitty's face and the bow are what's included in the template.


The prizes for Pin The Bow on Hello Kitty games. Sparkle ball and 3 animal erasers from Smiggle and Hello Kitty Plate set (this was some excess from the jollibee party lootbags)


Second Game - Hello Kitty Headhunt. Things needed: Hello Kitty head image, Hello Kitty bag and prizes. I've downloaded a Hello Kitty head image I've searched from the net and printed about 52 faces, cut it out and paste it around the party area. I've also downloaded a Hello Kitty bag template where the kids are supposed to put the heads but they were so excited that they forget about it. Prizes: Oreo cookies and wafers. One head = one prize


Third Game (not in picture): Balloon Burst Treasure Hunt
Things needed: Hello Kitty pictures, printed in 2 different sizes, balloons, balloon pump, toys which is also the prize. I downloaded about 15 different Hello Kitty pictures/wallpapers, printed it in 2 different sizes. I stick the big-sized picture on the toys while the small one was folded and put inside the balloon before pumping it with air.
The kids would have to get a balloon and burst it by sitting on it, get the paper which was inside the balloon and find the matching picture on the pool of toys. I bought the toys from Daiso.

All the kids were winners in all the game and it made them super duper happy.


As for the setup, there were 2 spare tables in McDonalds and we use the first one to set-up the loot-bags and Hello Kitty cupcakes.


The other table was used for my D-I-Y candy buffet. Marshmallows, strawberry chewy candy and M&M's. The donuts are made with love. They are baked donuts, glazed and sprinkled by yours truly. The candy containers and donut trays were from Daiso.



This was how the bows were pinned by the kids. Just by looking at it makes me remember how fun this was. Even Mia joined in the game.


Of course, no party is complete without the cake and this is Mia's Hello Kitty cakes and cupcakes. I bought the Hello Kitty cake from Breadtalk and the cupcakes were a gift from Mia's Godmother.

We also had a photobooth, a gift from one of my dearest friend for Mia. This was an added souvenir for the guests.

It was the first time that I had a D-I-Y party. Thanks to friends and pinterest for the inspiration. What I learned thru this experience is you can D-I-Y a party, make it nice without having to spend so much. Of course, D-I-Y requires a lot of research, work, time and dedication. My main goal for this party is for the kids to enjoy the party and the games and I was really happy watching all of them run, laugh, and got so excited to take part on all the games and how happy and proud they are with all the prizes that they've won.

The best part is the party girl was so happy and knew how to entertain her guests. Now that is priceless!

Till the next party!




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Recent times when internet has so much gossiping and stuff, your content really refreshes me.
    Hello Kitty

    ReplyDelete