Sunday, February 16, 2014

Skinny Double Chocolate Chip Muffin


I am such a fan of Sally'S Baking Addiction Blog. I follow Sally on Twitter, Instagram and Bloglovin :) All her recipes look sinfully delicious and then the word Skinny caught my eyes. Skinny = Healthy, right? Who doesn't want to eat a delicious baked goodies without the guilt? Of course, I browsed thru all her skinny series and contemplate on which one to do first. Since I love blueberry muffin so much, it's my no. 1 must try. You can see the outcome here but it didn't come out as perfectly as it should be, probably because I over-mixed the batter, so take note of that.

And of course, who could ever resist a double chocolate chip muffin? especially if it's skinny?
Hmmmm.... I kinda failed a bit on the skinny banana blueberry muffin so Im kinda hesitant to do the skinny double chocolate chip but then one night, I had muster enough courage to gave it a try (looking at the pictures will give you enough motivation) and it was a hit!!!

It's chocolate heaven, fudgy, moist and you wouldn't even think that it's the healthy version. I made it 3x already and everyone who tasted it only have good praises about it. And of course, just looking at the picture makes you want to drool with delight!

Here's are the pictures of how I did it. Recipe can be found here but I made some changes because I kinda lack in some of the recipes.

Here are the changes I made in the recipe:

- For the applesauce, I used gerber applesauce.
- I used Nestle greek yogurt but it's only 130g, since the recipe calls for 183g, I added about 50g
of fresh milk.
- Since the eggs here in Singapore are quite small, I double the amount of eggs required.
- Total baking time for regular sized muffin is 18 minutes but for mini-muffin, I adjusted the baking time to 12 minutes.

Steps:

1. Mix all the dry ingredients:



2. Mix all the wet ingredients:



3. Mix the wet and dry mixture:



4. Fold in the chocolate chips:



5. Mini-muffin with chocolate chip on top:



Regular-sized muffin:



Take note of the baking and temperature timings as it's very important.


It look's good, right? Pure chocolatey goodness!
I love the smell of my kitchen (and actually the whole house) when you're baking it ...it smells sooooo good that it makes you hungry.



I've noticed that the muffin tastes better the following day than when it's out from the oven, but one thing I'm sure of is I'm gonna make this over and over and over again :)


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment