Friday, July 25, 2014

Zucchini Spaghetti


I've been reading about Zucchini as a pasta replacement for quite a lot and it got me curious.
I love pasta, I really do! It's just that I'm trying to lose some weight and some flab in my tummy and so I'm looking for the healthy alternatives that can make me eat the foods that I like. You see, when you're trying to lose weight and you cut down on food and try to stay away from "sinful" foods, you feel deprived and will eventually craved for those foods everyday and trying to lose weight and converting into "healthy living" an agony.

So finally, I had the motivation and eagerness to try zucchini as a pasta in my spaghetti. Here's how I did it but I think, it still doesn't look like a pasta.

1) This is optional, but I decided to peel off the skin of zucchini.



2) Julienne the zucchini using a grater. Grate the zucchini to make it look like a pasta. The width is about the same but flatter. Grate and stop when you see the seeds. Turn the zucchini to grate the other side.


3)Place the zucchini in a colander and sprinkle with salt and toss to coat. Let it sit for about 20 minutes to remove the excess water.


4) Rinse the salt off then press the excess water out. Heat your spaghetti sauce then add in the zucchini noodles then serve.


I'm quite nervous when I tasted it and surprisingly, it tastes just the same. I love the texture and you wouldn't miss the pasta. I will try to do this with the skin on the next time.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment: