Friday, September 20, 2013

My Go-To Food: Fruits & Vegetable Salad and Air-Fried Pork Belly

After a long day at work, we always look forward to go home to rest, have a home-cooked dinner, relax and have a good night sleep. The thing is, before you savor a home-cooked meal, there is this very vital stage where all tired-from-work people would wish to skip and that is the preparation and cooking of your dinner. Not to mention the daily question of wgat to have for dinner. You also want your dinner to fuzz free, easy to prepare, delicious and healthy. Now that I'm trying to stay away from rice, vegetable salad has been my substitute but my usual combination of lettuce, cucumber & capsicum can be a bit boring when you're taste buds is so used to it. Good thing with salad is you can have all the variations you want. This is by far my most favorite combination: 

Fruit & Vegetable Salad

1 Butterhead Lettuce
1 Cucumber
1 Red Capsicum
1 Apple
1 Orange
5 pcs Strawberries
12 pcs Grapes



All you need to is to peel cucumber and cut everything in bite size pieces and mix all together. Easy-peasy. You can drizzle it with the salad dressing that you prefer. I love Italian dressing and it goes well with this salad combination.


Salad alone is not enough for me, I want meat. Most often, I buy sausages or bacon from grocery. I normally cook it in my Phillips Air Fryer. There are times that I also fry Tokwa (Taukwa) and squid balls/fish balls, But this is my ultimate favorite. My comfort food which goes perfectly well with my salad whatever variation it may be.

Air-Fried Pork Belly

250g Pork Belly (I sometimes mix it with lean meat since I dont eat the fats)
Olive oil
Spices I have from Masterfoods:
Lemon Pepper
Garlic Salt
Rosemary

Preheat the air fryer at 180F for 5 minutes. Mix the spices in the olive oil. The amount of this mixture should just be enough to coat the pork. After mixing, cut the pork belly in half and coat with the olive oil and spices mixture.


Arrange the pork in the air fryer.


Set the timer to 20 minutes.


After 20 minutes, open the air fryer and turn the pork to cook the other side. Set the timer once again to 20 minutes. 


And now your air-fried pork belly is ready. I love the smell of this.


I normally cut it into bite size just like the usual cut of lechon kawali. 


Serve and enjoy. Bon Apetite!



No comments:

Post a Comment