Friday, July 15, 2016

Hot Tomato is really hot


Yesterday we attempted to stop having rice in an effort to lose some belly fats. Well, I had fruits for breakfast which is my usual. Lunch time, we had Pork Sinigang so we only had the vegetables, meat and soup. All throughout the day I was just snacking on fruits (strawberries, grapes and bananas) and I was feeling super full especially after I had green tea.

After a busy day and a 30-minute stroll in the mall to do some price canvassing for a TV, well, I was really hungry as in very hungry but I don't want to eat rice. Subway wrap crossed my mind but it's still not good enough. From IMM we transferred to Westgate Mall and then I remember this restaurant which I've been wanting to try for quite some time now.

The place is called Hot Tomato and their main menu includes grilled meat and pasta. The good thing about them is that the price is pretty affordable even for steaks. Way much better than the price of Aston's.

We both ordered their Steaks and Prawns which consists of a steak, 2 grilled prawns, lettuce and aglio olio pasta. Would you believe that that order only costs SGD13.50? Pretty good, right? And it looks good too.


Now, you also have the option to upgrade it into a meal for an additional SGD3.50 (SGD2.50 on their lunch time express 11AM to 3PM for weekdays only). This option consists of garlic bread, soup of the day (top up SGD1 if you opt for their other soup) and a choice of drink (iced lemon tea, lime juice, coffee, or tea). It really is affordable, right?


Now for the taste. The soup of the day was Tomato Soup. Their other soup was Cream of Mushroom soup. We ordered both and add SGD1 for the Cream of Mushroom so we'll be able to taste both. The Tomato Soup is good, really good.

As for the cream of mushroom soup, it's kinda bland and tastes starchy.

For the main menu, I have nothing but good words. The grilled prawn is delicious that 2 pieces is actually not enough. The steak is nice and juicy but it's the black pepper sauce that lacks the kick. Their aglio olio is spicy and the garlic taste is not overpowering, I loved it! It's a very filling plate that I honestly couldn't finish my steak and pasta even if I force myself to finish it. See, my taste bud wants some more but my tummy says stop.

Overall, this is really value for your money. A place that we will go back to over and over again. 2 thumbs up!


Website: Hot Tomato


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment