Thursday, May 15, 2014

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


This is my tried and tested favorite Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies adapted from Betty Crocker

I tweaked it just a bit because I prefer it crunchy and I played around with the add ons.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla (or 2 teaspoons vanilla essence)
1 egg
2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips and nuts or anything you want to add

Personally, I prefer to add in a combination of raisins, semisweet chocolate chips and almond slivers.

Steps:
Note: Pictures taken using iPhone5s and we have a not-so-good lighting at home :(

1. Pre-heat oven to 350F or 176C.
2. In a large bowl, cream softened butter and sugar.




3. Stir in eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy.



4. Mix oats, flour, baking soda, and salt until well blended. the dough will be quite heavy and sticky.



5. Stir in the add ons: semisweet chocolate chips and/or nuts and dried fruits.



6. In a greased cookie sheet or silicon baking mat, drop dough two inches apart. You can use a spoon,
or ice cream scoop to do this than flatten it a bit using the back of the spoon or fork.
For this, I used a teaspoon drop of dough since I'm aiming for a bite size cookie.



7. Bake to 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown, rotating the baking tray half-way. Mine took exactly 11 minutes. Cool slightly, around 3minutes then transfer to a wire.



It's a favorite in our house and I made it as a guest treat for my baby's 2nd birthday as well. So far I got nice feedbacks and what I love the most is when they tell me that their kids/toddler finish the whole bag :)



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment